Screen Calibration - Good News - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Calibration of screens - good news

One of the big problems with monitors in general and modern monitors in the era of wide color gamut,

It is incorrect colors, sometimes overly saturated, to the point of presenting a surreal and irrelevant image

That bothers many in the eye, especially if she makes the picture into a cartoon movie saturated with phosphorescent shades.

I have invested many hours in studying the subject over the years, and this year I have been equipped with professional calibration equipment from the USA.

As long as the forum members want to help me and calibrate the screen with my help, you are welcome. Doing it at my house.

That is, the laptop or computer (and the designated screen) must be calibrated to me by prior arrangement. All the work and knowledge is about me as they say,

But I will only ask for one small thing, and that is a modest and symbolic participation of 100 NIS, which will constitute your small share in the cost of purchasing the calibration equipment.

Who among the members of the forum who has hitherto been afraid to purchase a modern-generation screen, after all the campaign of intimidation that the colors in wide gamut are nothing,

No need to worry and can purchase.

Can further share that the screen after calibration dramatically improves the image quality that it is simply unbelievable to those who have not yet been exposed to such a result.

You should see a calibrated screen next to an uncalibrated one, and the token immediately falls. All the movies and pictures look as realistic as in reality, without any distortion

Pigment or shades of gray that are not linear to the correct brow curve. No more black crush and no more white crush. Also the colors are made saturated

Exactly to the original, there is no more overshot or undershot, which gives the image a realistic and reliable effect.

The green of the grass or trees looks just like our eye sees it in reality outside in the field, and not a phosphorescent green from radiation.

Pictures you take with the camera and see on the screen - especially with a DSLR camera calibrated to sRGB or Adobe standard Identity one to one stamp like

What you see when taking the photo in the field.

There is no more artificial phosphorescent green, the red does not suffer from pink, the blues are blue and not a type of turquoise. White is finally snow white as white, and no

More white pudding with a spice of yellow / red / green pigment (depending on the white balance deviation of the screen).

Another encouraging thing is that in old and used screens, such as those that look bad today after accumulating thousands of hours of work and the color map has already been static

From the source, it is precisely for them that the effect of the calibration is more significant in its result, it returns them not only to show properly, but better

Than when they were originally born when they were not calibrated at all. And this is the largest calibration of used and old screens.

Colleagues who were thinking of buying a new screen just because the colors on the old screen already look bad and the screen suffers from advanced jaundice, I demonstrated to them what

The calibration makes for the old screen and were in the market, save themselves literally meaning the need to purchase a new screen. In my eyes this is the happiest news on this subject.

* Of course provided that the backlight of the screen is still healthy, because if it is towards the end of its life and has lost the spectrum of light frequencies it emits,

So even a calibration will not save it and we will see this in measurements that are far from the accepted reference and tolerance.

As an experience in the field of old screens in order to save them, I took Syncmaster 2380F from 2009 when he was 12 years old and accumulated over 20 thousand 

Net working hours, which would have looked bad, but after calibration displays an image next to a new screen as a reference, almost identical to one by one. It is said like this, whoever is not

Coming from the field he did not notice the differences. The luck of this syncmaster is that it is based on CCFL lighting (before the LED era) and a spectrum sedative

The frequencies that this bulb emits are wider than what w-led emits, so the calibration was fantastic. I also have very successful experience with 6-8 year old screens

W-led based years and the results are impressive.

Edited By nec_000
  • Thanks! 1
  • sad 1
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 62
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

One of the big problems with monitors in general and modern monitors in the era of wide color gamut, is incorrect colors, sometimes overly saturated, to the point of presenting a surreal and irrelevant image that bothers many.

Is it possible to detail the calibration equipment?

This is not exactly the definition of volunteering. Regardless, it is in my opinion the posting of a paid service and may be against the rules of the forum. Even if not, this post is really not of interest in my opinion. You bought yourself equipment, you will renew. But come and ask the khaki

Attached Images

Released (Edited)

x-rite i1 display pro plus.

This is their newest model from 2019, its advantage over the previous model (without plus) is an improved level of accuracy (percentage deviation),

Ability to support HDR up to 2000nits, and support for absolute zero light black provided by a generation of screens Of today.

The sensor is (very) also suitable for screen calibration And projectors, and is supported by the best professional software on the market including Calman.

I highly recommend it for those who need to calibrate a wide range of active display means, and are looking for a proven workhorse in the industry

Considered a reference. The price increase for the new Plus model is very worthwhile, because it gives the sensor a long life,

Due to its suitability for the latest means of display entering the arena in these years, means Reaching up to 2000nits  

And screens With 0nits illuminance.

The Sensor Plus actually supports a dynamic factor required from 0 to 2000nits, while the previous model without the plus yet

Also sold, no. 

Anyone who needs a calibrator (also) print, i.e. actively unlit content, will need to use another spectrophotometer-type sensor.

When those who need to calibrate an active display device (screen / TV / projector) such as home computer users, can use a sensor of the type

colorimeter as the sensor in question.

Those who deal with print calibration are usually professional studio productions that need balance from end to end, between editing on the monitor,

In the face of the pattern that emerges at the end of the process, which will preserve identity of course. And if so then select the appropriate sensor for the task.

There is also another issue which is the calibration of the means of photography itself, but we are already beginning to exaggerate here. The subject is more interesting

This will be forums dealing with photography and end-to-end productions. In our computer forum, the main thing is to concentrate on means calibration

Active view.

Edited By nec_000

You have indeed purchased the top of the equipment.

The so-called, you did not save.

How much should and should not come to you, that is another question.

Anyone who is aware of the issue, probably calibrates the screens, etc. on a regular basis.

Because having six visits to you can already be purchased

A good colorimeter for no less than 95 percent and more of the users.

Because seeing well is nice, but serious calibration is a periodic matter.

Just clarify the issue :

And again, these would mean that you have to spend for these processes.

On a NIS 2000 laptop, garlic x-rite i1 display pro plus will not help

And no other calibration equipment, because it comes with a screen not something at best.

The Bottom Line -

It is a means of calibration.

It does not turn a bad screen into an amazing screen.

It only helps to display the image / video

Of a professional standard when possible by the means of display itself,

Because there are cases where it is a necessity, not a luxury.

Edited By A-10
Quote of nec_000

And this is a modest and symbolic participation of 100 NIS

And if already, it is also taxable because it is income as much as any other income.

If on Must pay, easy and material on receiving money given for service.

And no matter what you call it ....

Released (Edited)

Indeed in modest laptops the improvement is limited as a result of the screen quality not something that these laptops usually have TN screens with

Contrast 1: 200 at best. While the better laptops have screens Or VA the results are excellent and do not fall short

Dedicated screen.

Whoever is a professional and has a studio as you say in the exemplary scenario you presented, who works for a living from the field, naturally buys

The set of tools and equipment he needs and holds in the studio means calibration accordingly, including as well spectrophotometer , Because

The studio calibrates the print as well. Whoever this is his work environment and livelihood, invests in the tools many tens of thousands

Shekels, usually more than that, all depend on the size of the studio and its reputation in the industry. There is a first-class studio that also costs over 1 million

Dollars at the highest levels of the field.

On the other hand, the members of this forum, for those who use a home computer, a computer enthusiast and so on, there is no need to have calibration equipment

In his home, moreover, there is no need to calibrate the screen as often as is customary in a professional studio (which is performed before each

Project and project), and will be able to settle for calibration once every few years, and as long as there is no degradation Differentiated In the frequency spectrum that

backlight on screen creates over the years. Agree with a quality backlight that hardly changes the frequency map that the backlight

Taking out over time, this is one of the differences between a quality and non-quality screen. A person with the naked eye is unable to diagnose

Degradation even after a year (and more), since these are too small changes, such that only the computerized sensor can validate them. this

One of the problems that the human eye is very inaccurate.

That's why I'm in the shoes of a home user, calibrating a new screen once a day when buying and installing it for the first time, and calibrating a used screen (if

Never calibrated so far), for the first time, and enjoyed the result. In my experience, used screens where the improvement following the calibration is

More significant, because their deviation from tonal accuracy and gamma curve, is greatest between before and after. Modern screens

(Sometimes, not always) depending on the model and series, come in one of their mods, with some reasonably reasonable calibration somehow, so

Where the calibration work affects (in percent) less, compared to their starting point at the beginning.

Regarding your assessments of business and taxation, you wrote nonsense as a result of a lack of knowledge in the field of taxation and business in Israel. 

Only in points that was and is interesting to you Learn the tax orders on dealers and individuals. The taxpayer is a business,

The earner from the field and the scope of his activity are such and such, and he must also produce an invoice and manage business books and orderly reporting

To the tax authority in the country. An individual can and may certainly participate in purchasing a group product with his friends, this is not a defined activity

A business that requires the production of an invoice and the payment of tax, all the more so if he is an individual and is not a licensed dealer.

For a screen calibration activity at NIS 100 per meeting to be considered a taxable business activity, it will be hundreds

(Or rather thousands) of such events for the period, at a level that will generate a profit for the dealer, and to a significant extent. That is, at the income level

Of livelihood from the field. As long as a private citizen who is not a registered dealer, co-buys with his friends an item that you all use, there is no

This is a business activity, or some kind of profitability, that interests the tax ordinance.

Edited By nec_000

OK

What interests the tax authorities, the authorities themselves know.

Do not hope for the good order, which is what you think.

As for the topic itself, there are a lot of inaccuracies in the opening post,

Like carrying laptop screens, etc.

I therefore saw fit to clarify the point.

Because the impression is created that everyone who comes to you, or to put it more generally -

It follows from the opening post that anyone who brings a screen of any kind for calibration,

Will come out with an infinitely improved product regardless of the screen it brought and its display capabilities.

And that, of course, is not the case.

In conclusion, anyone who really needs a screen calibration already has what it takes.

Whoever does not - should not calibrate either, or will not benefit from the calibration, because even for his needs,

The differences are negligible to non-existent, so pity the effort.

Add to that that a real calibration should be at least once a month, then return to the starting point -

Whoever needs it, it is better to buy a calibrator for himself.

Those who do not - do not really need neither the calibrator nor the level of screens that require calibration.

And there is no connection between backlight and color accuracy, by the way.

Released (Edited)

So we are professionally divided on the field, and what I explained in the opening post to friends, including further expansion in the post

The second, to the best of my professional (and scientific) experience, is true and valid.

What you are writing is more how to say gently, the stigma of graphic artists who have been deceived due to ignorance, to think that should be calibrated

Screen every month, and if they do not perform then the sanctuaries of the Temple will break out. The reason for this stigma stems from two decades ago, a period in which

The calibration is done by external professionals, who have moved from studio to studio and performed a calibration job for a fee (expensive). Also wanted to promise

They have a regular livelihood in the field, so Pampamo that needs to be calibrated much more often than it really needs to, and also screens of then,

Were of poor quality in relation to the hardware of the day = the quality of the backlight and its degradation rate, which led to a rapid deviation

More in the frequency spectrum of the backlight. Today there is no such problem anymore.

And here you are completely wrong - probably from a lack of relevant education how it works on a physical level, so read and learn:

The backlight emits a range of frequencies that the eye sees (and beyond the visible range of course = ultraviolet and infrared

At the edges).

The ratio between the intensity of illumination that the bulb emits at each and every frequency, that is, at each wavelength, is what changes our response curve,

That is, the point of whiteness, and therefore the pigment of the color. The way to calibrate is to compensate and balance this is by rebalance,

Which changes the opening / closing ratio of the LCD panel and regulates each channel to make compensation compatible, i.e. block

More or less the frequency of a wave passing through the same channel. Thus effectively restoring the proper balance between the channels and compensating

On the deviation of the bulb. 

What knocks the calibration over time is that the spectral frequency ratios of the bulb change with its age. Ha and nothing more.

Bulb age is measured in working hours. If it is off it does not age.

The scientific reality of today 2021 is that the quality of screens and the accumulated scientific knowledge (science is my field) is

When you take a screen and calibrate it for the first time, you bring it from a terrible accuracy of say 70%, to a level of 99.5%.

That it's a dramatic change. Even our 90-year-old grandmother and her tired eyesight see such a difference without effort or difficulty.

Second, over time, the cumulative deviation in a single month is barely 0.1%. That is, after a year the screen may drop exactly

Achieved last year after calibration = 99.5%, up to say a value of 98.5% in principle. This means that even after a year has passed,

The screen is still more accurate than a screen that has never been calibrated and is only 70% accurate.

Since 98.5% versus 70% is a dramatic gap. 

So true, after a year the screen is no longer at the 99.5% threshold, but only 98.5%, but okay - this is a negligible difference.
Moreover, 98.5% is still a high and good result, one that is not always achieved even in virgin calibration.
The quality of the result depends on the equipment (sensor), the professionalism, knowledge, and experience of the calibrator, and the inherent screen quality as a point 

Base.

As he noted, in science one should be detailed and explain how this works and how the deviations are measured. And when not talking scientifically

And engage in hand-waving, or speak in stigmas, then mislead the uneducated in the field and a pity.

There are screens I see about a year after they are calibrated, and they still look amazing. Moreover, a QA test that makes them look, that they are

Stu to only 0.1 to 0.3 percent from the calibrated date last year. As mentioned it depends on how many hours they worked and how much degradation

Occurred to Nora. Which illustrates to us how much the modern day screens (the best of them) pretty much preserve the values ​​and the bulb

backlight does not significantly lose its spectral qualities.

LED as a light source commonly used in the screen industry today, is quite linear and retains spectral properties with stability over time.

In the past, CCFL was used whose degradation rate as a backlight source is fast. Hence it is understood that the "stigmas" of "once upon a time"

Are irrelevant to today. This is a different lighting technology.

The way to track the degradation is done through long jump, using periodic samples and placing the values ​​on the graph

And there are tools that do that too, I use them so I know. This is what is called solid facts in front of the eyes, with numbers

You can not argue.

now,

Until you fall below the 97% accuracy threshold, the result with the naked eye is indistinguishable.

Therefore recalibration is / should be performed but only when falling below the 97% threshold. That's the way it is, at least on a home computer

What is relevant to the members of this forum.

** In a prestigious professional studio that works with the film and production industry in Hollywood, it will indeed not be years before the level of accuracy

Will drop below 97%, and the equipment will be calibrated according to the protocol = each project again, which is even once a month, just to ensure all

Time to be on the highest values ​​there are, those that are close to the 99.5% threshold. 

Regarding a 97% threshold reduction:

I have such a case, of ultrasharp, it took him 6 years (since 2015) to get down to the 99.5% accuracy he was originally calibrated to,

Up to 97% today. I'm back, 6 years. It's been a long time, during which an armed house eye can not notice a deviation anyway

Marble versus reference. That 3% is a value that is below the threshold of diagnosis of a human eye (in the area of ​​deviation of screen calibration).

So for dessert,

It is less advisable to deal with stigmas and snake oil in this field of calibration, because it is a professional and scientific field,

But unfortunately a field that suffers from stigmas and snake oil like any other field, and just come visit friends, learn and be impressed.

Promises you both demonstrations that illustrate the topic, as well as explanations on a physical level (as much as you want) : ) 

hearing,

For home use, not Hollywood production studio, screen calibration for the first time, for a modern screen of today owner

A W-led bulb, which is imported to a 99.5% accuracy level after serious and high-quality calibration, may remain calibrated at a level of over 97%

(Human diagnosis threshold) For example long time = a few good years, it all depends on:

A. How many working hours the screen will activate cumulatively. There is no screen law that is on 24/7 as there is a screen law that is on 2-3 hours a day.

B. The higher the intensity of the screen, the stronger the degradation rate.
* For example I tend to work mostly on 60nits which are only 20% of the typical bulb power, so the rate of aging is very slow.

third. The quality of the screen and its W-led bulb determine what the tonal loss rate of the bulb is (as a function of the duration of use).

There is no such thing as a premium light bulb from Japan / South Korea as there are quality screens, just as there is a simple entry level light bulb from China that has the same amount

Mostly on cheap screens.

Edited By nec_000
Quote of nec_000

So we are professionally divided on the field, and what I explained in the opening post to friends, including further expansion in the post

The second, to the best of my professional (and scientific) experience, is true and valid.

What you are writing is more how to say gently, the stigma of graphic artists who have been deceived due to ignorance, to think that should be calibrated

Screen every month, and if they do not perform then the sanctuaries of the Temple will break out. The reason for this stigma stems from two decades ago, a period in which

The calibration is done by external professionals, who have moved from studio to studio and performed a calibration job for a fee (expensive). Also wanted to promise

They have a regular livelihood in the field, so Pampamo that needs to be calibrated much more often than it really needs to, and also screens of then,

Were of poor quality in relation to the hardware of the day = the quality of the backlight and its degradation rate, which led to a rapid deviation

More in its frequency spectral backlight. Today there is no such problem anymore.

And here you are probably wrong and lacks relevant education on how it works physically, so read on and learn:

The backlight emits a range of frequencies that the eye sees (and beyond the visible range of course = ultraviolet and infrared

At the edges).

The ratio between the intensity of illumination that the bulb emits at each and every frequency, that is, at each wavelength, is what changes our response curve,

That is, the point of whiteness, and therefore the pigment of the color. The way to calibrate is to compensate and balance this is by rebalance,

Which changes the opening / closing ratio of the LCD panel and regulates each channel to make compensation compatible, i.e. block

More or less the frequency of a wave passing through the same channel. 

And what knocks the calibration over time is that the spectral frequency ratios of the bulb change with its age. Ha and nothing more.

The scientific reality of today 2021 is that the quality of screens and the accumulated scientific knowledge (science is my field) is

When you take a screen and calibrate it for the first time, you bring it from a terrible accuracy of say 70%, to a level of 99.5%.

That it's a dramatic change. 

Second, over time, the cumulative deviation in a single month is barely 0.1%. That is, after a year the screen may drop exactly

Achieved last year after calibration = 99.5%, up to say a value of 98.5% in principle. This means that even after a year has passed,

The screen will be more accurate in size than a screen that has never been calibrated and is only 70% accurate.

Since 98.5% versus 70% is a dramatic gap. 
So true, after a year the screen is no longer at the 99.5% threshold, but only 98.5%, but okay - this is a negligible difference.
Moreover, 98.5% is still a high and good result, one that is not always achieved even in virgin calibration.
The quality of the result depends on the equipment (sensor), the professionalism of the calibrator's knowledge and experience, and the inherent screen quality.

As he noted, in science one should be detailed and explain how this works and how the deviations are measured. And when not talking scientifically

And engage in hand-waving, or speak in stigmas, then mislead the uneducated in the field and a pity.

There are screens I see about a year after they are calibrated, and they still look amazing. Moreover, a QA test that makes them look, that they are

Stu to only 0.1 to 0.3 percent from the calibrated date last year. It depends on how many hours they worked and how much degradation occurred to the bulb.

It illustrates to us how much our modern (best) screens keep the values ​​and the backlight bulb does not lose

Significantly from its spectral qualities.

LED as a light source commonly used in the screen industry today, is quite linear and retains spectral properties with stability over time.

In the past, CCFL was used whose degradation rate as a backlight source is fast.

The way to track the degradation is done through long jump, using periodic samples and placing the values ​​on the graph

And there are tools that do that too, I use them so I know. This is what is called solid facts in front of the eyes, with numbers

You can not argue.

now,

Until you fall below the 97% accuracy threshold, the result with the naked eye is indistinguishable.

Therefore recalibration should / should be performed but only when falling below the 97% threshold.

At least that's how it is on a home computer.

** In a prestigious professional studio that works with the film and production industry in Hollywood, it will certainly not be years before the level of accuracy

Will go down to 97%, and will contain according to the protocol every project again, which is even once a month, just to ensure all the time to be

On values ​​that are close to the 99.5% threshold. 

Regarding a 97% threshold reduction:

I have such a case, of Dell ultrasharp, it took him 6 years (since 2015) to get down to the 99.5% accuracy he was originally calibrated to,

Up to a level of 97%. I'm back, 6 years. It's a long time, during which an armed house eye can not notice a deviation anyway

Marble versus reference. That 3% is a value that is below the threshold of diagnosis of a human eye (in the area of ​​deviation of screen calibration).

So for dessert,

It is less advisable to deal with stigmas and snake oil in this field of calibration, because it is a professional and scientific field,

But unfortunately a field that suffers from stigmas and snake oil like any other field, and just come visit friends, learn and be impressed.

Promises you both demonstrations that illustrate the topic, as well as explanations on a physical level (as much as you want): )

It is ^^^ full of contradictions and inaccuracies, also scientific.

But above all, I have nothing but to emphasize again

The really important fact:

The quality of the screen is determined by its fortification.

That is, a good screen will remain a quality screen even without calibration,

Bad screen - Uh, no calibration will help and you can see

Just as much as the screen can display due to the nature of the discounts.

I have no idea what the stigmas are and where they came from or who is enslaved to them.

Anyone who decides whether he should pay and how much on a screen calibration that is not at all certain

If you need it at all.

And all this with a pinch of salt and despite the inaccuracies in the above both in the quote and in the opening post.

Edited By A-10
Released (Edited)

How do you have any serious understanding of the field. You are, in fact, a complete pit in it.

I see only citations of mantras that have nothing to do with professional physical and engineering reality in the display media industry and the like.

And a lack of elementary knowledge of how a screen at all works. Do not understand anything in physics and wave theory and what color is at all.

I at least bring honor to friends knowledge in the field and explain, you do not even do that because the truth is that you have no green idea.

Caught on hot kakadu999, askme, Napoleon, only with new user.

Hope that if you change user then you will be treated differently? That they will not recognize you?

You underestimated the ability to quickly locate new users you develop. 

Your desire to clash with some members of the History Forum, such as those that make you have a strong desire to do so (as in the writer of these lines), is pathetic.

* You better write again with the name Napoleon, it's more familiar to us.

What, impossible? Have you blocked it again?

I invited forum members to calibrate a screen with my help, volunteering my time and hosting at my home. 

You said to yourself, in which we will see how the celebration is destroyed. Why ?

Because this is the forum member nec who suggested. After all, you wouldn 't care if it was someone else you had no agenda against.

And if Lior, the forum moderator, had suggested it? So you would shut up and not dare. If only he would not block you again 

Once you have another user in the trash.

Now if you want to know how to be identified over and over again, it's very simple: 

Your computers flagged. It's very easy for us to see new users you set up coming out of them.

Edited By nec_000
Quote of nec_000

How do you have any serious understanding of the field. You are, in fact, a complete pit in it.

I see only citations of mantras that have nothing to do with professional physical and engineering reality in the display media industry and the like.

And a lack of elementary knowledge of how a screen at all works. Actually caught on hot kakadu999, askme, napoleon, just with a new user.

Hope that if you slash a user then you will be treated differently?

You underestimated the ability to quickly locate new users you develop. 

* You better write again with the name Napoleon, it's more familiar to us.

This ?

Really convincing arguments and arguments for interest!

Do not know what you wrote and what the connection is to the topic of discussion.

In any case, I can only bring back the main points of the recommendations on the matter as I see fit -

Anyone who really needs to buy a screen calibrator.

Everything else - will live very well with what they are currently working on.

And preferably, with no satisfactory explanations, but puzzling slanders,

Not to address all the scientific pseudo gibberish from the mouth of the opening of the discussion that should be an explanation

To the subject of discussion, but he really is not.

A little unserious to think that others will pay for equipment you bought,

No matter what the "good" you do and especially what may be more harm than good.

Ahh, anyway, renew!

Edited By A-10
Released (Edited)

I suggest to Lior that he recognizes you as I easily recognize, that he just block the fifth new user you opened after me as well

Who has already blocked you from the previous ones. In fact you are breaking the rules of the forum - a blocked user is not allowed to set up a new user. You already have 5.

And so the "pollution" of the forum will decrease. Bottom line - you're bothering a snooze that bothers the community.

Your offers do not interest any of the members, we all know that you do not understand technical or technological in sailing. Today we learned that neither

In the field of display media. You ask annoying questions out of a goal / trend just to create arguments, that's probably what makes you

It. You are interfering with the natural flow of the forum.

Edited By nec_000

I reiterate my regret for the unbridled bullying that is reflected in your words.

And yet, the things you supposedly referred to are untrue / misleading / unfounded

And you refuse to acknowledge that.

Instead, he attacks without restraint and does not respond to the substance of the allegations.

For sure, I'm not bringing you any screenshots.

Others, I also advise them not to fall into the trap,

But let everyone do what they see fit.

Quote of nec_000

I invited forum members to calibrate a screen with my help, volunteering my time and hosting at my home. 

Quote of nec_000

All the work and knowledge is about me as they say,

But I will only ask for one small thing, and that is a modest and symbolic participation of 100 NIS, which will constitute your small share in the cost of purchasing the calibration equipment.

This is not exactly the definition of volunteering.

Regardless, in my opinion this is posting a paid service and it may be against the rules of the forum.

Even if not, this post is really not of interest in my opinion. You bought yourself equipment, you will renew. But to come and ask the community to fund you with the new toy already raises a taste for flaw.

One of the things I occasionally do for my own serenity is to calibrate the screen, not always because it really has to be precise to calibrate. Mostly it's to see that something went wrong and I'll screw up editing (need to do an occasional confession check for certain tones and not just calibration).

In theory indeed most panels have no reason to calibrate every week or month and things like that as they sometimes say. The initial calibration gives the right direction and it does not fade or something like you think after a short time.  The only problems are the software or operating system that manages the calibration loading which sometimes something goes wrong and the file needs to be loaded calibration  re.

Unfortunately there are a lot of computers And agree that they have good capabilities in terms of color space and real potential, but the accuracy is poor. In some cases it is intentional. A lot of manufacturers like to take the screen for blue fluorescent colors since people like it for some reason because it more pops up in the store than the rest of the screens. On my computer So like to take colors in the purple-red ranges and emphasize their saturation too much and more things.

While there has been a trend in recent years for awareness about color spaces and accuracy, but it is far from perfect and most often ask for a much higher price tag. Those who really matter to him  The colors (photographers, graphic artists, prints and more) will usually be bought from a calibrator and there is a limited variety in the country and there are other companies sold abroad. There are also files on review sites for calibration of screens from the same series, but since not every panel is born the same - so it can also create unwanted distortion in certain tones and less recommend it.

Edit: Not every screen will look perfect after calibration. Calibration attempts to arrange deviation up to a certain level. The calibrator reads colors that the software produces and measures the deviation and instructs to take the color in a certain direction. The color space that the panel supports and the ability to be precise, is something that not every screen has. The deviation level is measured in delta-e and you can check more information on your screen. In any case, buying a calibrator will not make any screen excellent, do not recommend to those who do not understand or invested in advance on a suitable screen to buy a calibrator.

Anyway what I wrote is not a recommendation here or there in the context of the original post.

Edited By NR

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site