Upgrading an existing gaming computer with a glitch, or should you already purchase a new one? Advice Before Buying A Computer - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Upgrading an existing gaming computer with a glitch, or should you already purchase a new one?

Hello everyone : )

At the time (about a year and a half ago..about) I consulted about an upgrade, and did not implement it and rightly so because the computer still held up nicely in terms of gaming.

Today I am already feeling the decline in performance, and I am considering whether it is worth upgrading, and how much a proper upgrade will cost. I'm not looking for a computer that will run all at 240 FPS, but at least that will work smoothly and hold for the next year or two. If an upgrade in favor of this goal would require the replacement of too many components, would it be better to purchase a new computer and that's it? I would love your opinion on the subject 😁

Regarding the budget for the upgrade, assume up to 1.5-2K, but prefer as little as possible.

Another thing, there is a fault in the power supply in the computer. Its model is the FSP HYPER 600, and when I turn on the computer it makes noises that stop after a few minutes, and rarely do the noises stop again after a minute. It does not happen specifically during exertion, just randomly. I would be happy for an offer regarding an alternative supplier.

Computer specifications here

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

It sounds like the power supply has a faulty fan, it is better to arrange for it not to reach a state where it stops working and then the power will heat up. 

It can be assumed that it is soldered and you need to know what to do, but in theory you can replace a fan. If you need someone else to do it for you then it is already better to buy a new supplier.

There is a question of budget, for your specifications 500 watts will probably suffice but the more powerful ones are usually of better quality. 

There is the following table if you want to delve deeper, by and large you want a DC-DC provider. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eL0893Ramlwk6E3s3uSvH1_juom7SMG5SCNzP2Uov8w/edit#gid=1529225916

In terms of upgrade - 

On paper your board does not support a processor of 6 cores or more but only of 4 as you have or i7-6700 with 4 + 4 that will cost a fortune. 

If you are a technical person or like to experiment, feel free to delve into the links provided here:

For 250 NIS you can buy a 6/12 processor at a speed of up to 3.6 in Boost. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001208018177.html

For 350 NIS you can already buy one with a boost up to 4.3.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001856966385.html

Note the unusually high feedback relative to Express Leaves :) It works.

The cheaper ones that can not pass OC but your board does not support anyway. This is a great way to resuscitate your computer for a few more years if all goes well - pay attention to the heatsink.

Regarding video card - forget about it. 

Read a bit in the forum what the situation is regarding a video card.

Only used and even then you pay much more than they are really worth. 

Tickle, a video card will only be replaced if the existing one is knocked out. 

I am very undecided on your consideration.

On the one hand you have a multi-core processor and a reasonable video card, on the other hand both need an equal upgrade.

Due to the price of video cards, I would suggest you buy a new computer without a video card and assemble the old card for it, then upgrade it when the prices are upgraded.

If we think a year or two ahead, the initial upgrade will give you a long time to wait for the price to drop but on the way you will get a nice boost in performance. In addition, until you buy a new video card I would suggest making an old OC, take out as much of it as possible if necessary.

You can also use the SSD drive you have, it is excellent.

So in short, the most critical upgrade here right now is Processor + + .

You can buy a new case if the old one starts making noises / things are broken / you just feel like it.

I would recommend buying New due to the fact that it has been a long time since you bought the old one. A burnt out can burn with it half of the computer.

2 specifications, one processor + + , And the other with a full computer except a video card.

Processor: 999 NIS - SIX i5 10600KF 4.1Ghz-4.8Ghz S1200 Tray
Cooling Air Processor: 99 ₪ - * * - Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
Motherboard: 384 ₪ - * Operation * - B460M DS3H
Memory: 350 NIS - * Sale * - 16G (2x8G) Ballistix-ELITE 3200Mhz CL16

Final price: cash / bank transfer: 1832 
For credit: up to 12 payments 1868 ₪ or 36 payments 1905 ₪

Processor: 619 ₪ - * Operation * - Six 5 3500X Up to 4.1Ghz + COOLER
Cooling Air Processor: 99 ₪ - * * - Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
Motherboard: 349 ₪ - * Operation * - B450M DS3H
Memory: 350 NIS - * Sale * - 16G (2x8G) Ballistix-ELITE 3200Mhz CL16
Power supply: 379 NIS - * new * - 700W Neo Eco 80+ GOLD 5 Year Warranty
Case: 240 ₪ - NX240 4X120mm ARGB

Final price: cash / bank transfer: 2036 
For credit: up to 12 payments 2076 ₪ or 36 payments 2117 ₪

You already have memories, you can transfer them. Here is a processor, And power supply (DC-DC).

category PRODUCTS Amount מחיר
Processors Intel i5 10600KF / 1200 Tray 1 ₪ 822
Coolers for processors CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Spectrum Cooler 1 ₪ 113
Motherboards Gigabyte B460M DS3H 1 ₪ 374
Vendors for desktops CoolerMaster MWE 650W 230V-V2 80+ Bronze 1 ₪ 253
Total ₪ 1562

https://www.tms.co.il/222012

Your problem as stated here is the video card. There is currently a worldwide serious problem with their supply and prices as a result.

I do not think a CPU upgrade will give you too much in the meantime, I think you will save a bit and pull more until you can buy both a trinity and a video card (which is currently not possible to buy).

Quote of Jabberwock

You already have memories, you can transfer them. Here is a processor, Cooling Motherboard And power supply (DC-DC).

category PRODUCTS Amount מחיר
Processors Intel Core i5 10600KF / 1200 Tray 1 ₪ 822
Coolers for processors CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Spectrum Cooler 1 ₪ 113
Motherboards Gigabyte B460M DS3H 1 ₪ 374
Vendors for desktops CoolerMaster MWE 650W 230V-V2 80+ Bronze 1 ₪ 253
Total ₪ 1562

https://www.tms.co.il/222012

Your problem as stated here is the video card. There is currently a worldwide serious problem with their supply and prices as a result.

Quote of Moon-Mage

I do not think a CPU upgrade will give you too much in the meantime, I think you will save a bit and pull more until you can buy both a trinity and a video card (which is currently not possible to buy).

First of all thank you all for the reference, appreciate it very much.

As for the power supply - I gathered courage and opened it, tightened the screws there, cleaned and played a bit with the fan. Wonder and wonder, made no noise when I turned it on! I will wait to see if everything is fine, if the noises return new property as recommended to me.

I understand that the video card market is problematic at the moment, I guess it's in light of Bitcoin? Anyway, another question. Would it be worthwhile for me to purchase the upgrade offered by Jabberwock and Kendrick Lamar, and in the near future try and look for a second hand ticket at a reasonable price?

Say and I will be able to find a card like 1070 / 1070ti / 1080 in the 1K area (understand it is difficult to impossible, but say :)), Would this be a good upgrade in your opinion? Of course considering I'm still with the previous power supply which is 600W.

In such a situation it turns out that I invested around 2.5K, of course there are always the concerns with second hand tickets.

If I wait without an upgrade, will I be able to find a new card with a retail price of 1-1.5K and less in the future, which will be a significant upgrade?

Thanks again very much to everyone for the reference !!

Quote of the unitch

Would it be worthwhile for me to purchase the Jabberwock upgrade

If you ask me then yes. Upgrading the CPU to i5-10600Kf would be a great improvement. Memories you do not need and now also No, and you can even sell the old motherboard and processor in hand 2 ... in terms of cost-effectiveness it is excellent.

Quote of the unitch

In the near future try and look for a second-hand ticket at a reasonable price?

The concern right now is that the Hand 2 market is "riding the wave", the so-called. Raise prices to take advantage of an opportunity and less want to sell.

In what games do you play DA?

Released (Edited)
Quote of Jabberwock

If you ask me then yes. Upgrading the CPU to i5-10600Kf would be a great improvement. Memories you do not need and now also Power Supply No, and you can even sell the old motherboard and processor in hand 2 ... in terms of cost-effectiveness it is excellent.

The concern right now is that the Hand 2 market is "riding the wave", the so-called. Raise prices to take advantage of an opportunity and less want to sell.

In what games do you play DA?

Currently mainly Escape From Tarkov and Yuzu emulator of Switch, here and there playing new things.

A video card as I wrote down will fit the upgraded specs without the need to buy one New, ie 600 W is enough?

Edited By unitech

Is this a power supply model? https://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HyperS600w.html

Admittedly it is not the highest quality there is and more like a 550W power supply but it will probably provide the work.

I took a quick look at Hand2 and the prices there are outrageous.

Just to explain the ear GTX 1650 SUPER was sold new for 840 NIS in stores in the country. And now I see an ad model without SUPER wants 1,500 NIS on it. But you also have to take into account that people also understand that they will argue with them about the price and lower them then ... but still a problem.

A table to help you:

Relative Performance 1920x1080

I was aiming for 6GB cards in the least.

Quote of Jabberwock

Is this a power supply model? https://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HyperS600w.html

Admittedly it is not the highest quality there is and more like a 550W power supply but it will probably provide the work.

I took a quick look at Hand2 and the prices there are outrageous.

Just to explain the ear GTX 1650 SUPER was sold new for 840 NIS in stores in the country. And now I see an ad model without SUPER wants 1,500 NIS on it. But you also have to take into account that people also understand that they will argue with them about the price and lower them then ... but still a problem.

A table to help you:

Relative Performance 1920x1080

I was aiming for 6GB cards זיכרון in the least.

I understood, thank you !

I guess I will upgrade according to your recommendation, and take the time to search for the desired video card 😄

Released (Edited)
Quote of Jabberwock

$ 479, 1600 NIS before importing and covering .. Maybe at least it will bring down prices? We'll wait and see :) 

Edited By unitech

There is no chance.
The 3060 is cheaper and even when ordered from Niagara it comes out over 2000.
In Israel, I have not seen the 3060 for less than 3000 without buying a new computer, and even then the stores that sell for less than 3000 are rare.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site