What does the law say after buying a computer - Consumer - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

What does the law say after buying a computer

Hi,

I bought a computer more than a month ago and paid a down payment.

Since there is a shortage and price increase in video cards I have not yet received the computer.

Can the store raise my price or is it obligated to provide me with the price according to the invoice at the time of purchase?

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

The only thing I can think of is smearing that the product did not arrive.

Beyond that, it does not seem to me that they can cancel.

post Scriptum.

There is nothing like . The service in the country is sub-service.

Quote by law89

The only thing I can think of is smearing that the product did not arrive.

Beyond that, it does not seem to me that they can cancel.

post Scriptum.

There is nothing like Amazon. The service in the country is sub-service.

They can cancel for a thousand and one reasons and Amazon can and can often cancel.

Quote of Moon-Mage

They can cancel for a thousand and one reasons and Amazon can and can often cancel.

I do not have a lot of deals in front , But from the amount I did their service was 100%, something I can hardly say in the country

I only know one company in the country that has service at the level of Amazon, and that is Shufersal. From my experience - also in branches and especially online - any problem you have - no one asks questions - just exchange / credit / send a new one.

It is no coincidence that this is one of the retail companies in Israel that are really big. When a company reaches a certain size, it is easier and more lucrative for it to compensate the customer without arguments so that he remains satisfied, than to start digging and finding out what happened, and whether the customer is not by chance a liar trying to knock them out.

Quote of QttP

I only know one company in the country that has service at the level of Amazon, and that is Shufersal. From my experience - also in branches and especially online - any problem you have - no one asks questions - just exchange / credit / send a new one.

It is no coincidence that this is one of the retail companies in Israel that are really big. When a company reaches a certain size, it is easier and more lucrative for it to compensate the customer without arguments so that he remains satisfied, than to start digging and finding out what happened, and whether the customer is not by chance a liar trying to knock them out.

Very surprising what you say. I wanted to buy an electrical product from them but after seeing their shocking scores on Zap, I gave up the pleasure:

https://www.zap.co.il/clientcard.aspx?siteid=6358

Apparently, when it comes to large appliances, they still function more like a conduit between customer and importers. I guess it will take some more time until there is no difference between buying food and buying electrical products at Shufersal (like WALMART in the US for example).

Also note that I will hire their representatives to answer most of the complaints in ZAP and handle customers there. Note also the content of the representatives' answers - credit, exchange, return, give vouchers as compensation - no problem. No one argues, no one starts blaming the customer as you sometimes see at other stores.

I personally have never been there. Any problem I had - I dealt directly with their customer service on the phone or on the website or app, and it was always addressed. As mentioned - this has always been about goods from the regular departments - not electrical products. In electrical products, as I understand it - they still refer to suppliers.

Edited By QttP

Such a low score, it's something I have not seen in a long time.

I do not have much experience with online. I can say that during the closure period they were not particularly good but maybe it's because of the congestion.

When the first closure began, the online was under insane load (the demand for them probably increased about 10 times). From a situation where it was possible to order a delivery from today to tomorrow I got to a situation where all the deliveries were occupied for two and a half weeks ahead. Not kidding. I had to pre-order 2-3 orders just to reserve slots.

Also, it was not possible to get them by phone and they also could not offer a replacement product coordination service by phone / SMS, such a load was. It took them something like a month and a half to reinforce the service, and now it's back as it always has been.

Quote of QttP

When the first closure began, the online was under insane load (the demand for them probably increased about 10 times). From a situation where it was possible to order a delivery from today to tomorrow I got to a situation where all the deliveries were occupied for two and a half weeks ahead. Not kidding. I had to pre-order 2-3 orders just to reserve slots.

Also, it was not possible to get them by phone and they also could not offer a replacement product coordination service by phone / SMS, such a load was. It took them something like a month and a half to reinforce the service, and now it's back as it always has been.

Yes, there was something like a 3 week wait. The problem is that even after waiting a lot of products did not arrive and a large part of the fruits and vegetables were not edible and were thrown away

In my case, when I purchased the ticket was in stock on the website, and the store announced it would take between 3 weeks and a month of delivery.

After a week and two weeks the card was still in stock, at a higher price, and only after a month did the card go into "out of stock" status.

If this happens on Amazon (rare) within a day or two they report a mistake and cancel.

It is true that there are a million reasons to cancel, but where is the Consumer Protection Act? 

You can always try to sue, but from experience I would give up the pleasure.

The difficult problem is that the court is anti-consumer. At best you will get the product / money back without compensation. In the worst case you will be knocked out.

In short the store can only make a profit so it has no interest in meeting the requirements of the law.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site