Anyone know a store that sells thermal pads in the central area? Overclocking and Cooling - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Anyone know a store that sells thermal pads in the central area?

Moon-Mage

• 2 weeks later ...
Quote of amit14

for general knowledge,

How do you know that you need to replace thermal pads? Just because the degrees are high? In premium models, the pads are of sufficient quality in advance, no?

In gigabyte cards (also cards that cost over $ 2000) they chose to put thermal pads of the cheapest and worst kind possible on the memory which leads to temperatures of over 100 degrees for memory and thermal throttling, it mainly depends on the company and gigabyte tin company.
How do you know? Open GPU-Z and look at the temperatures with effort.
And if it interests anyone then I finally ordered from AliExpress.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Quote of amit14

I have to worry with the 3080 aorus Extreme Mine? Because according to the afterburner he does not pass the 68 while playing (without oc).

Replacing such things eliminates the responsibility I guess..is not better to just exercise it if necessary?

Unequivocally yes, I have the same model.
In terms of responsibility I guess they will say it cancels, I have no idea and the truth does not really matter to me.
Do not look at the afterburner because it only shows you the temperature of some random sensor in the core area, lower the GPU-Z and look at the memory.

Just to clarify, I do not recommend you do this if you do not feel safe, I personally did it because it really annoyed me that such an expensive card does thermal throttling in games with I was so monstrous and only because they skimped on fucking pads.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

First of all you will sometimes see performance declines (which I have seen) and it is possible that sometime the memory chips will be damaged (I have no real way of knowing if 100+ degrees will cause any memory problems in the long run).
If you play an hour a day on average it is likely that no real damage will be caused and you will only occasionally see performance drops in some games in the summer.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site