VoLTE and Israel, malicious sabotage and affection for Karl Marx? Gadgets and Mobile - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

VoLTE and Israel, malicious sabotage and affection for Karl Marx?

Robert Feynman

Greetings, 

As is well known, the three main networks have a VOLTE service, which will in fact be necessary in the near future according to the various bills.

Wherever in the world there are educated workers who think one step ahead, VoLTE has enabled any device that supports it directly through the AOSP code of , Regardless of firm or origin (as long as it is international)

In Israel, together with several other countries in Africa and Eastern Europe, Decide that only iPhone and Galaxy 9 and above owners will enjoy VOLTE And anyone who buys a device That he did not Or iPhone, Will not be able to connect to the network, and will actually have to throw the phone in the trash.

HTC-GOOGLE PIXEL-ASUS--SONG, also the flagship models of 2021, will not work in the country when the third generation network closes.

Now I have very simple questions:

1. Why passes a bill that discards all devices that do not support VOLTE, when the networks discard any device that does not Or iPhone? It turns out that the state actually forces you to choose between 2 companies, which is exactly the thing my grandfather tells from the days of Joseph Stalin. I'm sure I'm missing something here because it just does not sound like something sane, and if I do not miss, it's a nice item for a Friday studio investigation into why there are Stalinist elements in a capitalist country in 2021.

2. Did anyone manage to get around the absurdity? I bought a really, really good device from abroad, and it turns out I do not have VoLTE because the uneducated who implemented the IMS in the country did not think a step ahead, as expected from the hypocrites.

I was able to run the service with some changes under Root, but I hate using Root on a mobile device because it's a hell of a So I went back to verified boot.

EDIT: I'm looking at the AOSP code of And it seems Garlic Israeli Has not contributed the required and required line to its modem code, namely: 

carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool

or:

carrier_volte_available_bool

This is clearly done intentionally and intentionally because it is hard to believe that the engineers of the three Israeli networks are the most backward in the world, so I prefer to think that it is maliciously for the benefit of us all.

This is even worse, because it means that a device that has not had an operating system burned through an importer, will not be able to enjoy VOLTE using Google's AOSP open source , Which exists in all , But will be bound to "the Israeli importer who burned a special version that contains this code" and even then, only for the Galaxy, iPhone, and some Maafan model of . (Maybe except , Who do not agree to companies like what is in the country to contaminate their operating system, and a few other devices that the manufacturer did so in its closed code in the factory)

The 012 Mobile website even prides itself on its behavior, describing the Galaxy S8 as an unsupported device Unless the customer brings it to the 012 lab to burn a special version.

Galaxy 8 supports VOLTE even without the nonsense of 012 Lab, of course .... but in Israel there is another bribe that has to be paid.

In my opinion, this must be resolved in a lawsuit or investigation, given the huge impact it will have once the law comes into force in about a year, that thousands of Israelis will find that if they do not buy a device directly from the Israeli importer, they will not be able to connect to any network. In 4000 chess. 

Even if nothing happens from this post, and most likely nothing will happen, let it sit in the archives for future searches ... Do not break your head, everything is here :)  

Continue a wonderful week friends

Edited By Robert Feynman
Link to content

• Robert Feynman changed the title to VoLTE and Israel, malicious sabotage and affection for Karl Marx?

Do not know about legality, but it seems to me that you have exaggerated here extraordinary exaggerations in the description of volte.
From my very short reading what this volte does is just call through 4th generation instead of three and then you can be heard a little better, something I personally am not interested in and I believe most people will not be able to feel the difference in any case and the way from here to "And their device will be a player MP3 In 4000 chess. "Very, very long.
I would love to see which bills will prevent third generation use.
EDIT: From a brief look at the websites of some of the vendors there is an explanation for Android and an explanation for iOS without anything related to Samsung.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

I did not exaggerate my friend:

https://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1001352620

It shows a player At 4000 NIS very very close,  As of July 1, 2022, you will not be able to connect a device that does not support VOLTE to the network, regardless of call quality or "Lexus" words, and since Israeli networks "support VOLTE" say "buy from us" = any flagship you buy from eBay, you can use it as an uncomplicated iPad Touch Because it will not have a 3.5 connection. LOL :)

Will it be 2023-2024 at the end that they will not succeed? who knows. This is the plan for now. Even so, even your next phone you buy in 2024 will not work because the principle is the same, so it does not matter when, a device other than them will not work point. You can hear about it in 2024 when it happens, or hear about it now from my mini-research :) Better early.

And besides, why morally would I buy a device for $ 900 so that the geniuses of the world, Partner and Cellcom, would tell me that they did not want to approve a VOLTE because I did not burn a poor ROM that they or the importer put together? 

For the sites you have checked - click on "Support Devices" on the Partner site for example, on the VoLTE page.

https://www.partner.co.il/u/volte

Scroll down to Supported Devices, press + and you will see the problem. Combine it with 2022-2024 and you will understand that flagships from abroad will be a thing of the past.

Now it does not matter, then it matters.

Again I say, change will not be here. After all, the people who work in the networks do not read in HWZONE .... I put it for the archive and future searches because there is nothing wrong here. Take Sony To Germany, put in their SIM, and you have VOLTE. take In the country, and you will be on the third generation in talks, which is now with the fifth generation, even more annoying. This is the truth and this is the bottom line.

Edited By Robert Feynman
Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

I am all hope :)

For those who bought a flagship and want to run VOLTE on Israeli networks, you can do so by editing the Build.prop on a device that has undergone ROOT.

Add these lines to the bottom of the prop, note that the APN is properly configured in the device settings and it should connect to all Israeliness through IMS. 

It's not the most elegant, because it can all be replaced by two lines in the modem files, and it often disappears while version updates, but it will work for all networks until they wake up.

echo "# VoLTE settings" echo "persist.sys.cust.lte_config = true" echo "persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr = 1" echo "persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable = 1" echo "persist.radio.volte.dan_support = true" echo "persist.data.iwlan = 1" echo "persist.data.iwlan.enable = true" echo "persist.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap = 1" echo "persist.radio.calls.on.ims = 1" echo "persist.radio.data_con_rprt = 1" echo "persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr = 1" echo "persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr = 1" echo "persist.radio.rat_on = combine" echo "persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind = 1"
a quote

It should be under Vendor.xml in a perfect world (extracted from Apple's list)

IMSConfig EnableWiFiCallingWithoutEntitlement Voice EnableVolteByDefault

Need only desire

Each manufacturer and model manages the matter a little differently, anyone who needs help with pixels is welcome to send a private message. 

Devices with chipset Use FIRMWARE with the extension mbn. To their modem firmware.

This firmware can be replaced with modem firmware from a supporting device with the same chip (like For example) and it should work but again, need ROOT.

The problem can be approached from several angles, but everything proves that Israeli chains did not establish external relations with the various manufacturers like the rest of the world, to add them to the code lines of the modems, to encourage customers to buy only from official importers, otherwise they will not receive all network services.

When it's done on one network, fine.

When this is done on all networks, there is a very suspicious coordination here.

I gave 3-4 options for the solution, bottom line is I need one phone from the Ministry of Communications to the various major manufacturers to add the data of the Israeli networks to the modems (networks are identified via MCC and MNC numbers and through a 3-4 digit ID, so there is no problem finishing the whole story a bit External relations of the networks)

Edited By Robert Feynman
Link to content

• 1 month later ...

At least on Oneplus devices it is possible to load a file mbn Using Qualcomm's PDC tool as listed here: https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-volte-vowifi-asus-zenfone-8-oneplus-9-pro/ 
The problem is where to get the right firmware?
There is already a long list of supported vendors that can be run from PDC, but as you said none of them are from Israel.

Edited By ausername
Link to content

I'll just mention something so as not to confuse too many people. Every time I switch notebooks One to the other (for example Pelephone and Partner), I contact them the same day and ask them to activate the volte and wifi calling option remotely and they do without a problem after it is turned on in my settings . Try it first before all the root types.

Link to content

Quote of NR

I'll just mention something so as not to confuse too many people. Every time I switch notebooks Mobile phones One to the other (for example Pelephone and Partner), I contact them the same day and ask them to activate the volte and wifi calling option remotely and they do without a problem after it is turned on in my settings Network. Try it first before all the root types.

I did it. I even talked to two representatives to make sure everything was fine.
The other also advised me to take the phone to the lab to fix it. I realized that this is a known problem in devices bought abroad

By the way, according to Google the cellular company can add the missing settings with a simple app. There is even an example here: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/carrier

Edited By ausername
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site