Is it worth repairing a reliable computer based on i7-4790, GeForce GTX970 or a new purchase? Advice Before Buying A Computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is it worth repairing a reliable computer based on i7-4790, GeForce GTX970 or a new purchase?

I went to the motherboard of my old workhorse (2015) based on i7-4790, GTX970, Fatal1ty B85 Killer with a quality case of NZXT .
Although a simpler version of the motherboard is currently available, 

But the real question is whether it is not reasonable to save the 650 NIS repair (and maybe 1000 if another component is knocked out),
Or is it worth investing every penny in a new computer? The computer has functioned as a graphics and gaming stand in an excellent and quiet way to this day.
8C-P240510-WBW.jpg

Link to content

By and large this hardware is already dying and will not survive much longer in games (editing is a matter of how long you are willing to take things).
Editing: In no case does the standard sound wise to me after I checked prices, for a little over NIS 1000 you can already buy a trinity with a six-core processor that will give you a significant improvement in performance.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

By and large this hardware is already dying and will not survive much longer in games (editing is a matter of how long you are willing to take things).
Editing: In no case does the standard sound wise to me after I checked prices, for a little over NIS 1000 you can already buy a trinity with a six-core processor that will give you a significant improvement in performance.

Is it possible to achieve a reasonable graphics stand with a proper graphics card and processor with a 1.5-2K budget? 

Or maybe consider assembling a new computer with an up-to-date processor based on the video card GTX970 And power supply VP-550P - From your current computer?

Link to content

Quote of uncommon

But if I check the most basic position offered HERE In 3.5K it is based on GTX-1660 whose performance is strong only in25-30% From those of the GTX-790.

This thing is obviously not up to date, you have nowhere to bring a reasonably priced video card at the moment, my recommendation is to go for a new trinity based At 1500 and left with the current video card currently.

Link to content

And thirty percent performance does it go on foot?

If so, stay with what you have

The situation by the way will only get worse by 2023 ....

On the other hand, the components in your system are not "young".

Any nation, beyond performance, any part may stumble,

Then you will have to make an apricot between new and old hardware,

When a power supply for example, which is not something in you, can knock 

The new trinity for example ....

it's your decision.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site