Slow Internet via WIFI - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Slow internet via WIFI

Itai Seri

Hello everyone,

I recently joined Partner Fiber.

I use a modem Private XIAOMI Redmi AX6.

When I connect to the modem With cable I get 280 MB of speed (download). When I connect wirelessly I only get 50 MB.

The connection speed I see both on the computer and on the phone.

What can I check / do / change so that I get similar speed in a wireless connection?

Thanks in advance,

Itai

Link to content

How fast did you connect? 300?

If you connected to 600 or 1,000 then 280 in a wired connection is not normal ..

As for the wireless, first make sure you are connected at 5GHz and not 2.4GHz (I like to save all Under a different name and then connect each device to a network that it supports). After verifying this, check the speed when you are close to the router. The speed can drop very fast as you move away and pass walls, especially at 5 GHz.

With a 5GHz connection close to the router, you should get the maximum speed. If not - go over the settings, something there probably limits you.

Link to content

I checked what you wrote down.

I have three devices: telephone, And to the laptop.

Only the tablet recognizes the network The other two do not.

But in all of them I get a speed of about 50 MB.

What could be the reason why the devices do not recognize the 5G?

As for the speed, it could be related to the card Or another component I need to support higher speeds? In the modem I did not find any definition that seemed to me to be related.

Thanks

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site