Recommendation for two power supplies and uninterruptible power supplies - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Recommendation for two power supplies and uninterruptible power supply

winner

Hello friends

The power supplies on my two home computers are 9-10 years old and I suspect they are causing problems - the power supplies on one computer are 400W and the other 430W

In addition, an Advice 700VA switch that has already had a battery replaced once has decayed

Need replacements for all 3, ask for a recommendation for quality and reliable suppliers without exaggerating and to a good ruling, better with a connection To shut down the computer - all at existing power and capacity

Budget is not yet clear, I have seen a large range of prices, it seems to me 200-250 to deliver and up to 400-500 per ruling.

Where to buy? Need a reliable store that will provide service in case there are problems.

Thanks in advance to the responders

Link to content

The computers are old and components may need to be replaced one by one:
Intel i5 3570K
Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
2xDDR3 4GB / 1600 RAM
Seasonic 430W PFC 80+
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
2xSeagate Barracuda 7200 4TB HDD
LG -R
The second:
Intel G3250
MSI H81M-E34
8GB 1600 RAM
LG--R
WD 1TB HD
HEC-400TR-TX PS
Both use integral graphics - without video cards
ATX cases

Link to content

Released (Edited)

Thanks, 550W power far beyond what these computers consume, is not 450W better?

Is there a significant price difference between the UPS, is there an advantage to Advice that justifies the difference?

And one more thing, the Advis website only has IPV models, my late UPS is from the PRV series. I could not find a specification for PRS, I guess this is an old series and it is better not to touch?

Edited By a winner
Link to content

Quote of the winner

550W power far beyond what these computers consume, is not 450W better?

A computer will consume what it needs, even if you put a 1000 watt power supply.

So it is no problem to put 550 watts.

Because A - a quality supplier of 450 is a bit rare.

B - difference in negligible price, and difference in consumption is not.

Quote of the winner

Is there a significant price difference between the UPS, is there an advantage to Advice that justifies the difference?

Not really.

Advice gives 5 years warranty to God himself but only XNUMX years for batteries,

And the other gives two years to everything.

Link to content

As for supplier, there are suppliers of well-known brands with 450W power and a bronze efficiency rating that seems to me enough, stronger power will cost more and efficiency will be less good - decreases when the power consumed by the power is significantly lower than the power it is designed to give.

With the service of Advice I had a good experience - send me an alternative UPS with a courier to the house so I will probably stay with you, just need to choose a model.

Link to content

So what did you open a discussion for if you already have conclusions?   : nixweiss:

Not that they are necessarily correct,

But you do not ask. Just states.

So what exactly is the discussion for?

Link to content

To the A10

The conclusions are as a result of this discussion and discussions in other forums and my tests based on what I learned from the comments

Buying is not urgent and I try to consult and learn from others.

In the meantime there is probably a decision regarding UPS

As for doubt, I realized that I need to consider the amount of connectors that will suit my needs + future growth (current 9 year old computer and will probably be upgraded in the near future), does not rule out modular doubt, continues testing and comparisons.

Anyway, thanks for the reference and help 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site