Laptop for work + movies for flights up to NIS 4,000 - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Laptop for work + movies for flights up to NIS 4,000

Zvika12

Hey,

I would appreciate your help in choosing a laptop according to the following characteristics:

1. What is the maximum budget? Is there an exception if necessary? Up to 4,000 NIS but I would prefer to stand at 2,500 as much as possible and find a suitable model up to this amount. 

2. What useful computer (games, graphic editing, office work, HD content, for example), is there a specific example of a game or software? Most uses are for office work, remote connection, a little Netflix and for flights. Therefore desirable Relatively strong

3. Is there a need for peripherals in addition to the computer (for example: keyboard, mouse, speakers And screen)? No. 

4. Is there a basic component that does not need to be included in the specification? (Eg Drive SSD Which already exists and can be added to the assembly) No

5. How important is silent computer operation? Not critical.

6. Is there a limit or preference for the physical size and weight of the computer, lights, etc.? Preference for 14 'and preference for up to 1.5 kg. 

7. Is there a need to include an OS / Office (preferably a preferred version) and / or a computer in the store? Not critical. 

8. Is there a preference to purchase the computer from a specific store? If you can not specify a residential area. Preferably from Amazon or another store in the US. At the moment there is a possibility that they will bring me from there and therefore a major priority from American sites, but it is also possible to Eilat. 

9. When is the purchase of the computer planned (it is highly recommended to request a short specification from the time of purchase)? In the coming days I must order for a friend to bring me to Israel. 

10. Are there any special requests regarding ports and connections (eg USB Type-C or FireWire) or overclocking? desirable USB Type-C and HDMI (not micro HDMI). I guess beyond 1.4 it will be hard to find That will hold a lot but if there is 2.0 of course it is better. 

11. Is there any peripherals that will be connected? If so, which one? (Docking station if computers Mobile \ One screen or another) screen.

12. Additional notes, detailed and miscellaneous details: desirable 500GB and up + 16GB because I do not have the knowledge to connect Another external. 

I have seen many recommendations on Acer Swift X SFX14-41G-R1S6 Creator Laptop | 14 "Full HD 100% sRGB | AMD Ryzen 7 5800U | NVIDIA RTX 3050Ti Laptop GPU | 16GB LPDDR4X | 512GB NVMe SSD | Wi-Fi 6 | Backlit Keyboard | Windows 10 Home From Amazon which costs $ 1,069.99  https://www.amazon.com/Acer-SFX14-41G-R1S6-Creator-LPDDR4X-Keyboard/dp/B093TK1PXF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1ZH8GHEDZAH40&dchild=1&keywords=acer+swift+x&qid=1630063641&sprefix=ACER+SWIFT,aps,303&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSDlBSUM3R1JSUThXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjMxMjE3MlI2RU9RVE1CUkYzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMjM1ODMyOVg4RDlWOUhRRjA0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==&tag=hwzone0f-20

However, I have seen this model that I understand is excellent, but is a Renewed model which is a bit scary. what do you think? Dell Latitude 7000 7420 14 "Notebook - Full HD - 1920 x 1080 - Intel Core i7 (11th Gen) i7-1185G7 Quad-core (4 Core) 3 GHz - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Intel Iris Xe Graphics (Renewed) - https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-7000-7420-Notebook/dp/B099BWZRTR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=dell+latitude+7420&qid=1632665419&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFFREU1MjhGTE9MUFImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2Njg0NTkxTE1UOEdETkZUREJXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMjA5MDkyQlE1T0hJS0tQS1lHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I know it slightly exceeds the budget I gave but if there is a bargain I would love to get a link. I must order soon so thank you very much. 

Edited By Zvika12
Link to content

• Zvika12 changed the title to Laptop for work + movies for flights up to NIS 4,000

Hey, 

First thanks for the quick response! 

Although the battery times are similar, but what about the other parameters? 

In addition, you may have an offer for another laptop different from the two that you think will give a great value for the price according to the parameters I mentioned? 

I did not mention, but I work with him a lot, so the comfort of typing with him is also important to me. 

And of course the desire to stay with me for many years. 

Thanks again for the help. 

Link to content

Quote from Zvika12

The comfort of typing with him is also important to me

Look

In the field of typing there are the THINKPAD mobiles  From the expensive series And there is everything else ....

The ones whose laptops cost much more than your budget.

As usual, mobile needs to compromise on something ......

Link to content

And if I would rather give up a little performance like that of the And get a slightly better quality keyboard. There is no doubt that the level of performance of the It's above and beyond so you may have an idea for another model with slightly lower performance but a more balanced level of finish, keyboard, maybe even a screen. 

Thank you!

Link to content

The renewed bucket I put up is not better in terms of other parameters? This means that in the balance between a refurbished computer whose battery life and power are the same as But the screen is at a higher level, warms up less, and a more comfortable keyboard does not justify $ 200 more? Not trying to dig, I just read quite a bit about the And I'm quite apprehensive about the level of finish, screen and warming of the laptop. These are issues that recur in all the reviews. 

Thanks again for the help!

Link to content

Obviously a mobile with a separate video card, and not one that is just called a "video card" 

Will heat up more than With a built-in card only.

Except if you do not use the Acer, for that matter, and in general Other, in the separate card,

The mobile has no reason to keep warm.

In this particular case of 7420, because it is renewed, Committed

For a battery of no less than 80 percent capacity, that is, you already lose a fifth of the time

That the laptop can work, and the battery will probably last a lifetime sooner than on a laptop made of plastic.

For your uses, it's clear that Acer is overkill, and the only thing good about it ( For you ) Is the battery time.

On the other hand, the screen of Better than that of the 7420.

B - The keyboard is indeed better, but it is also far from being wow.

So for your needs, the 7420 is better, but not so revamped.

And the new one costs a lot.

Link to content

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation! You finally took me down from him.

Yes I would love to hear your opinion on the next four models and if still the I think it's better so I'll order it today. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-9i-14-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-evo-platform-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-mica/6426709.p?acampID=0&cmp=RMX&irclickid=1pJym9xaexyIU3CyqoWOVyeCUkBVC1X81xYXzg0&irgwc=1&loc=Narrativ&mpid=376373&ref=198&skuId=6426709

2. https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-C940-Touchscreen-Thunderbolt/dp/B08522SFHS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Lenovo+Yoga+9i&qid=1632745696&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZOTdLVVpUSlVPUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDkxNDgzNzNVMU9NTUZKVFhNTDEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDMzNjQxOTNLRFBHQUVBM1cySzUmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/mdp/laptops/envy-14-344515--1#!&tab=vao

4. https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpadx1/x1-carbon-gen9/20xw003eus

Last question - if I go for a laptop and compromise on what we talked about above, I would have preferred to already pay less and also compromise on the performance that is above and beyond for me. Is there such a model that you know? If not, I'll go for the Or one of the models I mentioned above as much as you would recommend.

Thank you and happy holiday!

Edited By Zvika12
Link to content

good

To my surprise, the first is not the most successful in terms of keyboard,

What's more, the mouse pad was fake in one of the reviews.

The second, although with a previous generation processor, is not bad overall, with time Of 11 hours and a good keyboard, at this price level,

Or in other words, it's what there is, because there are worse.

The third, hmmm, no.

So in the meantime, the second mobile if 12 hours Still suitable for you, or you may find a good deal on this mobile - 

HP Spectre x360 14

In any case, keep in mind that like most 2-in-1 mobile phones with a touch screen,

The screen is bright, which can greatly interfere with a bright environment.

Yes, life is beautiful, but not always easy ......   :)

Link to content

You are amazing! Thanks again for the great detail.

HP Specter x360 14 looks great, but is 13.5 inches and not 14 as I see and in addition with what processor, video card and memory would you take? Because every choice changes the price. 

You did not refer to option 4 - ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 (14 ") - What do you think?

- http://go.hwzone.co.il/?id=75028X1591319&isjs=1&jv=15.2.0-stackpath&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fhwzone.co.il%2Fcommunity%2Ftopic%2F604395-%D7%9C%D7%A4%D7%98%D7%95%D7%A4-%D7%9C%D7%A2%D7%91%D7%95%D7%93%D7%94-%D7%A1%D7%A8%D7%98%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%9C%D7%98%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A2%D7%93-4000-%D7%A9%D7%97%2F%23elControls_5209170_menu&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lenovo.com%2Fus%2Fen%2Fp%2Flaptops%2Fthinkpad%2Fthinkpadx1%2Fx1-carbon-gen9%2F20xw003eus&xguid=&xs=1&xtz=-180&xuuid=7f0c892a247574b990df07433fcbddea&xjsf=other_click__auxclick [2] 

In conclusion, not sure I was able to figure out what your first choice was .. yet Or in these price ranges would you choose one of the other options?

Link to content

Quote from Zvika12

You did not refer to option 4 - ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 Intel (14 ") - What do you think?

Because you probably added it in the edit.

In any case, it is clear that carbon is the dream of every typist ....

- But, you'll have to get used to it. 

image.png.07dae16c9a0dcddb996ada420aa2b926.png 

Because what you linked comes with 8GB And a really pizza drive nowadays.

Come on, the holiday is upon us!

Happy holiday !

Link to content

If I stretch the budget to $ 1400 does it completely justify the increase? In terms of screen level gaps, computer performance, warming, And the finish? 

After checking, it turns out that the ThinkPad including taxes will come out $ 1427 for the model you talked about while the Comes out $ 1175 including taxes. 

After some thought, this is a sum that is a little high for me. 

If I go for one of them it will probably be the Because stretching to 1400 is already heavy on me, but I started thinking about going down towards the 3 to lower costs that it costs $ 669. 

I have seen that the gaps are large, but the question is whether it will not do the job for me and whether for my needs a $ 400 gap between it and the X justifies it and a big apology for the digging and radical change in line of thinking. 

Have a happy holiday!

Edited By Zvika12
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site