Upgrades the core components after 12 years, debating between 11th and 12th generation - processors, motherboards and memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Upgrades after 12 years the core components, debating between 11th and 12th generation

Hello to the forum!

It's time to replace my old computer core (signed), and I'm torn between two options - the new generation versus the previous generation. 

If this is not the right suburbs I apologize and will pass on recommendations. 

Most of the use is for gaming (transfers the 1070 and commands to the pg279q screen). On the one hand prefers to pay as little as possible, hence the possibility of the previous generation and the advance waiver on , On the other hand, does not want to invest in a computer once in 12 years and go for something that in a moment will be "outdated" and close too significant technological doors for me .. 

Gen 12:

Start pc:

Processor: 1150 ₪ - * New * - intel Ten i5 12600KF 2.8Ghz-4.9Ghz S1200 BOX

tMS:

Motherboard:

Gigabyte GAMING X DDR4 

או

Gen 11:

Processor: 649 ₪ - * Black Friday * - intel Six i5 11400F 2.6Ghz-4.4Ghz S1200 Tray

Deciding between the following motherboards:

Tms:

Gigabyte B560 PRO AX

Startpc:

666 ₪ - TUF B560-PLUS GAMING WI-FI

I bought XPG 512G S11 PRO PCIE GEN3X4 M.2 2280 HEATSINK RED As Main, andI would be happy to recommend To suit both cases, I saw these on Amazon:

Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb (8x2) 3600 cl 18 65 $

G.skill ripjaws v 16gb (8x2) 3200 cl 16 

60$

Many thanks in advance!

Edited By yonigrin
Screen model repair
Link to content

The question is how long it will take to upgrade.

If it's over four - five years, 

So it does not matter what you buy now because everything will change anyway

And what you buy now will not really be available in the market.

On the other hand, 12th generation gives top in terms of performance, 

So with the most cost, enjoy it longer,

But probably not 12 years ....  :)

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

If your supplier is 12 years old, you want a new supplier.

I think the same goes for the case.

If you buy one computer every 10 years, go for the 12th generation, not that I understand the comparison between 11400F and 12600K. 

The power was upgraded a few years ago along with the chassis and the 1070. 

In generation 12, which processor + board would you recommend as the 11400 f was recommended at the time?

Link to content

A purchase of 12600 is not a bad purchase, but should be compared to 11700K. 

One has 6/12 + 4 the other has 8/16. Both have at the end 16 logical cores while the first 10 are physical.

Both are powerful with an option for OC.

11400 is with only 6/12, currently has no equivalent in the 12th generation.

In about two months they are supposed to go on the market More from the family, 12400 will probably only be with 6/12.

Do not know what will happen with 12600 regarding E cores. 

12600K vs. 11400F is not a question of what's better, but a question of what's better for you 

(The 11400 will give more performance per shekel but the 12600 will serve you longer and the performance will be higher) 

In the middle there is also a b660 + 11700F, the savings are mostly in the board.

If you think this computer will also serve you for 10 years, go for 12600K. 

If you really think 11400F will be good enough for you for the next 5 years, go for it, assuming the market in the next decade is going to be more competitive and renewable than the market of the previous decade and you will want to replace maybe another 5 years for 32 cores or

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

A purchase of 12600 is not a bad purchase, but should be compared to 11700K. 

One has 6/12 + 4 the other has 8/16. Both have at the end 16 logical cores while the first 10 are physical.

Both are powerful with an option for OC.

11400 is with only 6/12, currently has no equivalent in the 12th generation.

In about two months they are supposed to go on the market Processors More from the family, 12400 will probably only be with 6/12.

Do not know what will happen with 12600 regarding E cores. 

12600K vs. 11400F is not a question of what's better, but a question of what's better for you 

(The 11400 will give more performance per shekel but the 12600 will serve you longer and the performance will be higher) 

In the middle there is also a b660 + 11700F, the savings are mostly in the board.

If you think this computer will also serve you for 10 years, go for 12600K. 

If you really think 11400F will be good enough for you for the next 5 years, go for it, assuming the market in the next decade is going to be more competitive and renewable than the market of the previous decade and you will want to replace maybe another 5 years for 32 cores or ARM

Thanks again, the truth is that I did not get to see anything about 11700 at all.

I have now seen that a certain manufacturer that runs out of horse is launching cashback, if I choose between tuf gaming plus wifi and 12600 kf it seems that I will get 265 NIS refund which will make it 2435 NIS.

Still more expensive than gigabyte options. 
decisions ... 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site