PCE / USB Wireless Adapter for Stationary Computer with Fiber Connection up to 1GB - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

PCE / USB wireless adapter for a stationary computer with a fiber connection up to 1GB

Respajin

Hey,

I would love to get a recommendation for a good and stable wireless adapter that supports a speed of 1GB, I am connected to fiber optic of At 600MB and I want to connect a stationary computer to the wireless network.

Router of Connected to the MESH system of TP-LINK DECO M5, I wanted to know first if it is possible to place one of the MESH routers next to the stationary computer and simply transfer a cable from it to a network card? 

If this should work, will the connection be stable? Anyway, what speed can I get in such a connection? 

If this is not possible then I would be happy to get a recommendation for a coordinator , I thought about the options below:

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

ASUS PCE-AC88 Dual-Band 4x4 AC3100

If there is a better correlation in this price range then I would of course love to know,

Thank you very much for the helpers!

Link to content

Quote of Respajin

MESH next to the computer Stationary and simple to transfer a cable from it to a network card? 

If there is an rj45 connection then yes.

Quote of Respajin

If this should work, will the connection be stable?

No less than a ticket To be on the computer, assuming the distance from the additional MESH point is the same.

If you have one remote mesh point, it is best to put a mesh point in the middle between the desktop and the remote and put a card on the desks

Quote of Respajin

Anyway, what speed can I get in such a connection?

The deco limit is 400 MB if you work at 2.4 GHz and 867 if you work at 5 GHz.

From this you will deduct at least 10% on the difference between theory and real max and more which should be deducted on signal attenuation.

If you live in a new building, a network point from the closet to the room, through the plumbing of the walls costs 200-300 NIS and you will receive maximum value if the computer is connected directly to the router of . (With reservations not to be within the local network of Hams for sharing purposes) 

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site