Computer for a student of visual communication (6K / 7K or more if necessary, but within the bounds of good taste) - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Computer for a visual communication student (6K / 7K or more if necessary, but within the bounds of good taste)

msh

Hey!

The thing is this: I have a stationary computer that has served me well to this day, but over time I realized that being limited to it alone is clearly inconvenient,

Relying on computers in college is a fatal mistake, and a computer We'll become quite necessary at this point.

Believes that on most "heavy" things I can work from home, but if it is possible to do the same on a laptop without selling all my property and my soul would be nice.

Most of the people I consulted insisted that the Pro bottle is the best and cheapest way ("" "" "cheap" "" "" ") in this field, but if there is a laptop option With similar performance in the same price range ... I would prefer it, honestly.

I would love advice here or here anyway!

From here to there:

1. What is the maximum budget? Is there an exception if necessary?

In general there is no specific limit, I believe that the 6K / 7K range is necessary, but if there is a justification and it is something that will hold me sufficiently in the coming years, it is possible to exceed, simply

Without all kinds of extras in the style of keyboards in the colors of the rainbow, etc., just to inflate the price.

2. What useful computer (games, graphic editing, office work, HD content, for example), is there a specific example of a game or software?

Mainly emphasis on a variety of Adobe software, as usual. Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign / etc., Is also used for video editing in Premiere and working with After.

Editing in 4K is not particularly critical. Engaging in a three-style blender / Maya amateur only.

(Gaming remains on the stationary atonement for it)

3. Is there a need for peripherals in addition to the computer (for example: keyboard, mouse, speakers And screen)?

No.

4. Is there a basic component that does not need to be included in the specification? (Eg Drive SSD Which already exists and can be added to the assembly)

No.

5. How important is silent computer operation? 

Not particularly, but that does not sound like a helicopter after 5 minutes of work.

6. Is there a limit or preference for the physical size and weight of the computer, lights, etc.?

Prefers not to be too heavy.

7. Is there a need to include an OS / Office (preferably a preferred version) and / or a computer in the store?

Operating system included.

8. Is there a preference to purchase the computer from a specific store? If you can not specify a residential area.

Netanya / Center.

9. When is the purchase of the computer planned (it is highly recommended to request a short specification from the time of purchase)?

next month.

10. Are there any special requests regarding ports and connections (eg USB Type-C or FireWire) or overclocking?

No.

11. Is there any peripherals that will be connected? If so, which one? (Docking station if computers Mobile \ One screen or another)

wacom intuos pro.

12. Additional notes, detailed and miscellaneous details:

Full thanks in advance!

Link to content

Hey

I can not say which of the mobiles currently available will remain in a month, but ....

You should browse the mobiles of With OLED screen.

https://www.zap.co.il/model.aspx?modelid=1127419

Especially in the PCMARKET store on the list, since you get a 3-year warranty on the customer's website.

There is also a 15.6-inch version that is 200 grams heavier than the 14-inch one.

image.thumb.png.5aa7bf2241c99d9bef9e420ee40c8886.png

These two will surely suffice for 2D software and also for not too demanding video edits.

Just take precautions because of the OLED screen that like on TV, I will not like a static image ....

Link to content

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! The ambition is to purchase it as soon as possible, by and large, there is also a friend traveling to Eilat soon so if you can take advantage of it on the road it could be nice, it was more towards the "roof month".

Anyway, some questions- guess what to carry with 14 inches more comfortable? I will have a bit of a problem connecting the laptop to the monitor at home because it only has DVI and RGB connections, so the real question is whether it is better to really buy one with a bigger screen ..) The OLED is less bothering me, I realized that you can reduce the problems with proper use, and accuracy His colors are in Adobe More successful (?)

Among other things, some people also told me that Asus has a problem with my life , And that it holds around 3 hours compared to 15 of the bottles (which I still prefer not to go to, anyway, with how tempting it is🙄  I understand that there are also problems with the M1 in terms of a variety of plugs?) And I did not find too much discussion about this model specifically regarding the battery ..

With such a video card there will be no load on the fans relatively regularly?

+ I saw that the Ivory Eilat branch has the same model (??) with 8 GB And 512GB on the SSD

Which also comes with Windows for much less,

https://eilat.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?id=40863

With the volume of the SSD I can live, but the 8 GB .... Middle does not exist?😭

Edited By msh
Link to content

good

There is the mantra "mobile should be compromised" ....

And even though she's mine, I guess she's got something of the truth ...

Regarding the subject of bottles -

Indeed there is currently a compatibility issue of quite a few plugins for bottles with M1.

About In a 14-inch mobile, the battery is quite far from 15 hours.

Much more in the direction of 5-7 hours.

The 16-inch bottles are already approaching that, but are also in use according to the company's terms,

I mean, a screen with a third of the brightness and light uses.

I personally have recommended to some people here to check if bottles will not give them a good return

More than the world - , But their requirements were fundamentally different from your own (heavy video editing)

And the budget was quite high, too.

From what I have seen, a bottle in the direction starts around 10K and north.

For your individual case - I would not go in that direction .

Regarding the Asus in question - 

Like I said, the difference between the two sizes is 200 grams.

I believe you can live with that .....  :)

Regarding video card and fans -

In the end, you determine how the mobile will work -

At peak output and noise or at reasonable noise levels and reasonable output plus.

The 3050 card is also not such a bad animal that will make worlds of noise and devour in the moment.

About memory -

Unfortunately, in this series, the memories are soldered to the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

There are of course Yes, but they have other "troubles".

About screen - Turn around.

If you are aware of its "nature", you will not find something more suitable for your needs.

The mobiles come with Pantone confirmation, which means everything, and in parentheses says I'm happy

In front of me someone speculated about screen quality).

I will check the matter of hours , And I will update.

Link to content

good

Here are reviews of two 15.6-inch models. One with a Raisen processor and the other with .

Intel - 

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/51387-asus-vivobook-pro-15-k3500pc/#a6

AMD -

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/51160-asus-vivobook-pro-15-m3500-review/

Each with its advantages / disadvantages.

Here is a model hours test On another site - 

image.png.062b2937b0899de535a3b17234436b5d.png

Link to content

Okay! So after multiple digs and breaking heads over a million and one reviews of another five hundred versions of this series, think I'll go for the 14-inch with the i7. Bless you for the divine patience you have for all this, not obvious at all. Think I would have been stuck with this for a long time.

Thank you very much!

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site