Need a lens recommendation. Digital Photography - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Need a lens recommendation.

exXxTreAm

I just can no longer stand the lens I have today, performance on the face, the lens is a Canon EF 28-80mm f / 3.5-5.6.

Anyway, I need a lens about the same range, maybe a little more towards the telephoto, wide enough. Takes a lot of street and studio shots, and of course what is sometimes around, which will be useful for many subjects (besides macro and nature photography, I will buy another lens).

Budget, up to 1500.

Link to content

In telephoto lenses it can still go, but with wide zoom lenses it's very problematic. There is a lot of lenses in the amount you are talking about, but once you connect them to the DSLR with KROP they will lose their width (for example, a 28mm lens will turn into a lens with a viewing angle equivalent to a 42 or 45mm lens - depending on the camera). And if you buy a lens that fits digital, you will get dark corners that make the images completely useless.

In short, you'll have to decide - either a digital lens, or a film. A simpler solution is to buy a second-hand DSLR with a lens or two. You can find such kits in the amount of 1500 ~ 1800 NIS.

Link to content

To digital - The new kit lens 18-55IS Which has a built-in stabilizer and excellent optical quality. Its range (post-crop) is very similar to what you have in the existing lens, but the optical quality is much better. If you are looking for a longer lens without compromising on the wider side, then the Tamaron 18-250 is definitely a high quality lens (despite the huge range), the problem is that its price is higher than your budget at about $ 1000. I wouldn't go for the Canon 17-85. Although it is a popular lens (quite a bit thanks to the stabilizer), its optical quality is not exciting.

To the film - Canon 24-85 if you have a wide side, or 28-135 if you have a longer and stabilizing side. The Sigma 24-135 / 2.8-4.5 will give you both, but without stabilizer and with less impressive build quality. All of these lenses will provide very good quality once you close them to the optimum apertures, and for this street photography, something you want to do anyway. I do not recommend you buy any of these lenses if you are switching to digital.

Link to content

To the film - Canon 24-85 if you have a wide side, or 28-135 if you have a longer and stabilizing side. The Sigma 24-135 / 2.8-4.5 will give you both, but without stabilizer and with less impressive build quality. All of these lenses will provide very good quality once you close them to the optimum apertures, and for this street photography, something you want to do anyway. I do not recommend you buy any of these lenses if you are switching to digital.

I have this lens on a Nikon reflex film camera and it is excellent. Gives good results (I'm talking about Nicor's 28-135)

Link to content

To digital - The new kit lens 18-55IS Which has a built-in stabilizer and excellent optical quality. Its range (post-crop) is very similar to what you have in the existing lens, but the optical quality is much better. If you are looking for a longer lens without compromising on the wider side, then the Tamaron 18-250 is definitely a high quality lens (despite the huge range), the problem is that its price is higher than your budget at about $ 1000. I wouldn't go for the Canon 17-85. Although it is a popular lens (quite a bit thanks to the stabilizer), its optical quality is not exciting.

Oren, I think he pointed out that he has a digital and precisely the range that is wide enough for him (45mm after the Cropper Factor).

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site