MSI, one of the world's largest hardware manufacturers, also has a championship Overclock Global - Get to know the Master Overclocking Arena Championship (or MOA for short). Are you going to participate in the championship in 2011? Registration opens this week!
within The month of HWzone's OCTober, We are telling you about the biggest OC competitions taking place in the world, and at 11 this September in Taiwan, MSI MOA Championship.
We remind you only that The final stage Of our championship took place this week - you can read the impressions of the participants In the special forum Which was opened for the event, and full coverage of the competition will be published in the coming days.
20 teams from all over the world reached the MSI World Championship final this year - after a qualifying round that lasted about two months. The contestants Came from all over the world, from the East, from countries such as Taiwan, Indonesia and Hong Kong to South America and countries such as Colombia and Brazil.
Like the championship GIGABYTE GO OC, Even at the MSI event, the contestants received a hardware system made up of the best manufacturers, and they had to bring home only their cooling system. The MSI championship system consisted of a processor Core i7 980X, MSI Big Bang-XPower board and N480GTX Lightning video card. Enermax REVOLUTION 85 + was chosen for the position of power supplier, and the memories used were by the company Kingston.
Unlike GIGABYTE, which chose to let the contestants run on Windows XP, MSI chose to install on the systems Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, and here, the contestants who burned or destroyed one of their hardware items (as a result of shortening, Cooling Over or just brazing mod that did not go well) could only get one replacement - and then they were disqualified from continuing to compete.
The competition was for improved system performance, with performance improvement in the Super PI 32M being given a weight of 40 percent of the final score and the remaining 60 percent relying on the improvement in the 3DMark Vantage performance test. All systems have been installed by MSI, With all versions of the drivers identical in all positions.
The winner this year is Expendables Group from Sweden, With an overall performance improvement of 182% and a world record for card overclocking GeForce GTX480 obtained at the final event. The team is also the winner of the European preliminary event.
Second place in the world competition came XtremeLabs.org group from the Ukraine, and came third place ASD group from Poland. The table is complete with all the results you will find On the competition site.
Like every year, the 2010 has also been a competition of MSI A leading theme. If in 2008 the competition was marked by ancient Rome and 2009 was the IT Olympics, this year the competition was marked by Star Wars!
In anticipation of the opening of the championship in 2011, MSI is holding a competition to find a new theme, and is offering valuable prizes to whoever proposes the chosen theme (and in addition there will be a raffle among all the bidders) - and you Invited to participate And offer your own ideas!
And if you thought that after the end of the 2010 competition MSI is freezing until next year, we want to tell you that the 2011 competition has already started. Early to the Americas Are already available on HW BOT, When registration for a network competition is open until the 21 for November. The winners of this section will be invited to the American finals, which will be held in January at the annual CES exhibition in Las Vegas.