Do not 2 or 4 terabytes really impress you? SanDisk plans to launch drives SSD Of 2.5 in 8 terabytes in the next year
You thought that the new drives of סמסונג, In 4 terabyte volume, are a nice leap forward? Wait until you hear about the competitor's intent SanDisk To launch dual-volume 8 terabyte drives in about a year from now.
The flash chip manufacturer andSSD The American has presented a road map whereby in 2016 we will see market drives SSD With an unprecedented volume of 6 terabytes and 8 terabytes, which will actually come close to the upper limit of hard drives, now 10 terabytes.
Not surprisingly, even in the SanDisk These huge drives are intended first and foremost for business and organizational uses, so the reason is probably because simply in these areas it will be possible to demand the price of several thousand dollars per piece and accept it, without any real problems.
There is no doubt that,NAND Will continue to decline, inevitably, these volumes will become relevant even for the “simpler” home consumers - and then, the fate of mechanical drives may be finally decided.
- Source of knowledge
- Seeing results: Samsung launches SSNs with a volume of 4 terabytes
- 3D for the masses: Toshiba and SanDisk are also making innovative chips for your SSD drives
- Intel and Micron technology will bring us SSDs up to 10 terabytes
- New technology claims to make 10TB drives the new standard in the market
- 15 Terabyte Hard Drives - Already next year?
- Seagate unveils 8 first terabyte drive