Let's find out more about the technologies that will change the lives of all of us in the coming years
At 2016 we witnessed the continued convergence of the digital and physical world with everyday objects, commercial and industrial equipment and entire cities that became smart and connected to the cloud. Analysts predict that up to 2020, more than 50 billion devices - wearable, store inventory sensors, autonomous cars, medical devices, urban infrastructure and more will be connected to the Internet and to each other.
And the relationship between people and technology-the way they use it, the experiences it makes, and the benefit that humans derive from it-all of these begin to change dramatically.
In fact, since switching from analogue to digital, there has not been a period of such potential for such a large-scale change: networks are developing faster than ever to meet bandwidth demands resulting from the exponential growth in the number of connected devices around the clock and the need to access data for analysis and real- .
In 2016 Intel Worked together with policymakers, industry leaders, and industry leaders to focus on four areas that will help drive innovation and allow for more rapid changes that will lead to new and ever greater opportunities for industries and consumers: artificial intelligence, Networks Fifth generation, automatic driving and virtual / convergent reality.
Artificial intelligence is already around us, ranging from common applications (voice conversion to text, tagging תמונות And thermal detection) to sophisticated applications (precise medicine, predicting injuries and autonomous cars). Artificial intelligence will allow devices to enhance human abilities, automate tired or dangerous tasks, unleash scientific discoveries and solve challenging social problems.
The global market for robotics and artificial intelligence is expected to grow to 153 billion by 2020. Of this amount, 83 billion will be diverted to robotics and 70 billion to based analytics artificial intelligence.
- August 6: Intel Has signed an agreement to acquire Nervana Systems, the recognized leader in deep learning.
- November 17: Intel Announced that new products, technologies and investments from the end of the data center will expand and accelerate the growth of artificial intelligence. Platform Intel Nervana stands at the center of the announcement as a technology that aims to reduce 100 by the time it takes to model a deep learning model over the next three years (compared with GPU solutions)
- The technology will be more cost-effective and available, new applications will be developed in a variety of industries and will lead to increased efficiency in businesses and consumers.
- The technology that supports several applications artificial intelligence Which are in their infancy, such as natural language processing and bots, will greatly improve and pave the way for more widespread adoption artificial intelligence.
- Machine learning and deep learning will be more accurately integrated into the Internet devices of things and the approach will open to deeper insights.
- Intel will launch three products from the Intel Nervana platform built for speed and ease of use and will enable more data professionals to solve the world's biggest challenges with Technology Standard. The products are:
- Nervana Systems' breakthrough technology will be tested with the first processor (code name Lake Crest) in the first half of 2017 and will be available to customers later this year for Networks Neurons provide the highest performance for deep learning and offer unprecedented computing density with high-bandwidth interconnect.
- A new product (code name Knights Crest) that tightly integrates the processors Intel Xeon Best of all with the technology of Nervana Systems.
- The next generation of Intel Xeon Phi processors (code name Knights Mill) will provide Performence Up to 4 is better in deep learning than in the previous generation.
The next generation of cellular - 5G
more than Network Faster than its predecessors, the 5G is expected to allow for very short retrieval times which, combined with the highest bandwidth, will enable unprecedented demand management for data and other connected devices. Networks Powerful and agile also able to intelligently navigate network traffic and prioritize critical safety devices such as autonomous cars and wearable medical devices. In geographic areas where the infrastructure is not as fast or reliable as necessary, 5G will open up a world of possibilities that are currently unavailable. The global 5G network is expected to support an estimated number of 100 billion devices.
- February 5: Intel Intel is launching the Intel 5G Mobile Trial platform at the Mobile World conference. Recently launched Intel The second generation of platform used by a large number of service providers from the first layer to conduct network experiments 5G.
- 14: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has unanimously approved the plans for implementing 5G in the United States.
- December 6: Intel Announces partnership with AT & T and Ericsson to launch first-of-its-5G.
- 5G continues to become a concept and experiment for real deployment plans and acceleration of support throughout the industry.
- The need for faster connectivity leads to increased pressures on the industry to align around an agreed IEEE and 3GPP standard and address the challenges of mutual compatibility, backward compatibility, and network preparation for the future.
Automatic driving will change our lives and the face of society. The cars of the future mean less accidents, mobility for more people and fewer loads in the polluted cities of the world.
The global market for fully autonomous cars could reach 42 billion to 2025; Up to 2036, self-driving cars will account for a quarter of total car sales.
- 1 in July: BMW Group, Intel And Mobilay Announce Collaboration in Promoting Automated Driving Solutions for Commercial Production Up to 2021.
- November 15: Intel Capital announces new investment of 250 million in the next two years in making autonomous driving a reality.
- Significant progress in promoting the operation of cars without driver, but also in the various infrastructure parts, from connectivity through the use of artificial intelligence to data processing.
- More companies will enter the autonomous driving market, partnerships and new ventures will be established and industry will work to create common standards.
- The industry will continue to learn through trial and error, but 2017 will be the first year in which automated car driving systems will reach the mainstream, for example through advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) or fleets vehicle Automatic travel sharing.
Virtual reality and converging reality
While today's experiences rely on screen interaction, in the future they will envelop the user entirely with mirrors, sounds and touch. The next computing front is to empower people to build, solve, create and play in a world where the barriers between the physical and virtual worlds are disappearing. Virtual technologies offer huge potential for the future but the industry is just beginning to scratch the surface of the range of possibilities.
- August 16: Intel Unveils the All-in-One solution for virtual reality.
- November 3: Intel Announces the acquisition of VOKE, a leader in live virtual reality experiences, to deliver ספורט Are surrounded by athletes, fans and content producers.
- December 7: Intel Microsoft Announces Microsoft 's Specification Windows Holographic.
- Virtual reality experiences will emerge from the childhood stage in industries such as services בריאות, Education and travel, and will use the latest virtual reality technology to create truly unique experiences.
- Technology and sports will be more closely integrated than ever next year and will revolutionize the way people train, watch and interact with countless.
- Merged reality, a new way to experience interactions and physical and virtual environments will move to the fore with five technological developments (6 degrees of freedom, integrated tracking, more natural manipulation, no cable interaction, realistically digitized content) and expected to reach the market at the end of 2017.