The Bottom Line
When I first heard about the 1900 case last year, I had a lot of internal designs that Antek could use. Will it be such a suitable for advanced water cooling? Will it allow internal modularity and play with partitions?
Well, frankly, Entek's 1900 case is a failure. It is embarrassing, horribly shaped, and completely ignores market demands and long-established standards.
For the first time, the most important thing is interior design. Antek went for the partitioning approach we saw inObsidian 900D, When there is a clear division between two parts. The problem is missing out on any design idea. There are too many hard drawers, the hard anchorage is not normal, and there is no modularity of the same partitions.
The lower door does not contain holes to anchor fans and is actually not ventilated at all except the 120 millimeter fan located at the front, and the mechanism of closing and reopening the partition doors does not always work. Sometimes the doors will simply open with a little pressure or sliding of the case.
The problems only continue with the location of the strange fans, the hard filters to pull out, and the rear fan controller. So that no advanced casing refrigerators. In addition to sin, Antek committed an incompatibility with radiators. Only the chassis roof can contain a thin 240 millimeter radiator. You can forget about a bigger radiator on the roof, or one on the front, or one on the bottom.
Antec's 1900 chassis wants to be advanced, but it does just the opposite and features that the chassis market has already forgotten. Lack of options for mooring radiators, use of weak materials and interior design of which a significant part remains unused. If you are looking for an advanced case, allow yourself to skip the Antek 1900. Antec's 1900 case gets two stars for being spacious and beautiful on the outside.
Computer Case - Antec 1900
- Beautiful exterior, comes with green or red frame
- Side window is well located
- Spacing - plenty of space for components in the main partition
- Allows installation of up to 14 hard drives
- Use of low quality materials
- Incompatibility of anchoring of 360 or more
- Removing the dust filters and cleaning them requires a lot of trouble in dismantling and screwing
- Visit the rear ventilators not good
- The lower partition door does not allow docking Cooling And its opening mechanism does not always work
- The power supply mooring in the lower partition is limited to suppliers 15 cm or less in length, and even there you will need cable extensions
- Complete lack of modularity - Partitions cannot be moved hard drives, The middle partition of the drives can not be dismantled, the blank space on the lower partition can not be used when a power supply is not installed
- High price - about a thousand shekels